10 Can’t Miss Phuket Tours
The island of Phuket, Thailand’s largest and one of the top beach destination in Asia, has much to offer the 5 million annual visitors who visit it yearly. While Phuket’s beaches are world class there are many other attractions that should be on your do list, including the following:
* A Phang Nga Bay cruise is a day long trip beginning with a trip on an air conditioned bus from your Phuket accommodation to the jetty. After boarding a traditional Chinese junk you will cruise through the idyllic bay, visit James Bond Island and enjoy a traditional Thai buffet. A bus ride back to the hotel completes the trip.
* A 4-hour tour of Old Town Phuket begins with an air-conditioned ride among the many beautiful beaches, with stops at the Karon lookout and a visit to the sacred temple Wat Chalong. Many nationalities live in this community and there are many shrines and temples of Buddhist and Chinese origin.
* The Simon Cabaret Show occurs daily at 7:30 and 9:30 in the evening featuring glamorous performers, hi-tech lighting and sound and unique costumes. The show has been selling out since 1991.
* Containing 135 tons of Burmese marble and standing 45 meters high, the Big Buddha in Phuket offers an amazing view for tourists as well as views of Phang Nga Bay. A private minivan will transport you from your hotel on this tour.
* Voted the second best tour in Phuket the Fantasea show features a great combination of Thai culture and theatrics. The largest buffet in Asia, seating 4000 people, combined with great shopping adds to this must see event. Covering over 140 acres this theme park contains a carnival style village featuring games and amusement.
* A 12-hour tour that begins after lunch and has you kayaking in the limestone caves of Phang Nga Bay is not to be missed. A Thai seafood dinner is served at sunset and then the fun begins with night kayaking using natural lighting sources as your guide.
* The golfer on vacation need not miss playing 18 holes at Blue Canyon. Built as one with its surroundings this golf course features lush fairways and greens and beautiful scenery including the mountains of Phang Nga in the background. While you golf your family can enjoy two swimming pools and the world renowned spa.
* Six different combinations of the Phang Nga Discovery Tour are available. Featuring whitewater rafting, elephant trekking, ATV riding and swimming, there is something for everyone in this tour package.
* The Elephant Hills Safari Overnight Tour combines African safari camping with the jungle environment of Thailand. Instead of your Phuket accommodation, sleep in custom-made tents in the rain forest of south Thailand. Many different activities are offered, including canoe trips and elephant trekking.
* The Phi Phi Islands speedboat tour is a favorite. Jet out to Phi Phi Island before the crowds and snorkel in strikingly clear waters, mingle with the monkeys in Monkey Bay and enjoy a fabulous lunch buffet on the island itself.